Our transformation of Boundary House has been fundamentally shaped by our consultation and engagement with the local community and will create a new, sustainable basement, ground + 14 storey building, standing approximately 62m high delivering:
- A 4* luxury 311 room hotel
- A dedicated hotel lobby, bar, café and bakery facility at ground floor
- A rooftop bar and restaurant
- Commercial space with an opportunity for co-working, community and cultural uses
- A new public route around the building, a ground floor planting and potential to facilitate a new public open space at Rangoon Yard improving accessibility and public realm at the ground floor
- Significant planting at levels 5 and 15 to improve urban greening, air quality and local biodiversity.
Following ongoing discussions with City officers, we have made a number of minor amendments to the design of our proposals in regard to tone, materiality and other design details.
The key amendments include;
- Redesign of the Rangoon stair entrance to create a more inviting and green dwell space, with stepped seating and integrated planters.
- Carlisle frontage facade updated to provide a more vibrant impactful design to draw people in through the arch.
- Refined tone and materiality to better fit within the context.
- Introduction of windows onto the southern frontage to better activate the facade.
- Introduction of glass balustrades to the roof terrace to lighten the top of the building.
- Stepping the top fins to reduce the bulk and mass at the very top of the building.